Durban University of Technology Online Application 2023-2024
Durban University of Technology Online Application 2023-2024
About Durban University of Technology Online Application 2023-2024
Durban University of Technology (DUT) is a university of technology located in the city of Durban, South Africa. It was formed in 2002 by the merger of Technikon Natal and ML Sultan Technikon. The university has five campuses, namely Steve Biko, City Campus, Ritson Campus, ML Sultan Campus, and Brickfield Campus.
DUT offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields, including engineering, business, health sciences, arts and design, management sciences, and applied sciences. The university is known for its strong emphasis on practical learning, with many programs incorporating work-integrated learning and experiential education.
In terms of research, DUT has several research institutes and centers that focus on areas such as water research, technology and innovation, social sciences, health sciences, and applied sciences. The university is also a member of the Durban University of Technology Research and Innovation Committee, which aims to promote research and innovation across the institution.
DUT is recognized for its commitment to social justice and transformation, with a focus on creating opportunities for historically disadvantaged groups. The university has a diverse student body, with students from across South Africa and the world.
The Durban University of Technology (DUT) provides an online application system for prospective students who wish to apply for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
To apply online, prospective students can visit the DUT website and click on the “Apply to DUT” button. This will take them to the online application portal, where they will be required to create an account by providing their personal information, academic history, and program preferences.
Once the account is created, applicants can complete their application by filling out the required fields and uploading any necessary supporting documents, such as transcripts, identification documents, and academic records. The online application portal provides a checklist of required documents to ensure that applicants do not miss any important information.
After submitting the online application, applicants can track the status of their application through the same portal. They will also receive updates via email or SMS as their application is being processed.
It is important to note that the application deadlines for DUT may vary depending on the program and the year of application, so applicants are encouraged to check the DUT website for the most up-to-date information.
DUT Online Application Dates
The application dates for the Durban University of Technology (DUT) may vary depending on the program and level of study. Generally, the university has three application periods throughout the year: early bird, main and late applications.
The early bird closing date for applications is February 22; the late closing date is April 25.
The early bird application period usually opens in April and closes in June, while the main application period opens in June and closes in September. The late application period opens in January and closes in February.
It’s important to note that the application dates may change from year to year and can vary depending on the specific program and level of study. Therefore, it is recommended that prospective students check the DUT website or contact the university’s admissions office directly for the most up-to-date information on application dates.
It is advisable to submit an application as early as possible, as places in some programs may be limited, and earlier applications may receive priority consideration. Additionally, applying early allows for sufficient time to gather and submit all required documentation and for any necessary correspondence with the admissions office.
DUT Online Application Requirements
The requirements for applying to Durban University of Technology (DUT) may vary depending on the program you are applying for. However, generally, the following are the basic requirements:
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) or equivalent qualification, for undergraduate programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification, for postgraduate programs.
- Minimum academic requirements as specified by the program you are applying for.
- Proof of English language proficiency (if applicable) for non-native English speakers. Acceptable tests include IELTS, TOEFL, or the English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT).
- Certified copies of academic transcripts, identity documents, and any other required documents.
- Application fee payment confirmation.
It is important to note that meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the program. Selection for admission is based on a competitive process, and the university may consider additional factors such as work experience, extracurricular activities, and references.
If you are unsure about the specific requirements for the program you are interested in, you can check the DUT website or contact the relevant department for more information.
DUT Online Application FEES
The application fees for Durban University of Technology (DUT) online applications vary depending on the program you are applying for and your nationality.
For South African applicants, the application fee is R250 for undergraduate programs and R300 for postgraduate programs. For international applicants, the application fee is R500 for undergraduate programs and R550 for postgraduate programs.
It is important to note that the application fee is non-refundable, even if your application is unsuccessful. Therefore, it is recommended that you carefully review the program requirements and ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria before applying to DUT online.
If you have any further questions regarding the application fees, you can contact the DUT Admissions Office directly for more information.
Information about the full cost of the program and the dates are available on the International School website at https://www.dut.ac.za. The fee covers accommodation, instruction, materials, and travel arrangements as part of individual courses, tours and a visit to a game park. All other costs are to be met by the students. A US $150 deposit must be paid, after admission, to secure a place (by February 22 for early applications or April 25 for late applications).
Method of Payment
Payment of fees from countries other than South Africa should be made by:
- An electronic transfer to the Durban University of Technology (International School) Account Number: 050007068 at STANDARD BANK, Durban Main Branch; Branch Code 040026; SWIFT Code: SBZAZAJJ; Reference: G997 301374 (and name of student).
Please supply your name and address, and state that the payment is for the International School, and scan/e-mail proof of payments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1. Notification of acceptance will be sent not later than May 30. If you have provided an
E-mail address you will obviously get news much sooner.
- You must then arrange to pay the balance of the fees by June 4 2014
- Please scan and email proof of payment to email@example.com
- Visa: U.S. citizens are expected to apply for a travel visa to enter South Africa.
How to Apply Online for DUT
DUT, or the Durban University of Technology, offers online application services for prospective students who want to apply for admission to their programs. Here are the steps you can follow to apply online for DUT:
- Visit the DUT website: Go to the official DUT website at www.dut.ac.za and click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Register: If you are a new applicant, you will need to create an account by providing your email address and creating a password.
- Login: Once you have registered, log in to your account to start your online application.
- Select your program: Select the program you want to apply for by browsing the available options on the DUT website.
- Complete the application form: Fill out the online application form with your personal information, academic qualifications, and any other relevant details.
- Upload your documents: Upload your supporting documents, such as your ID, academic transcripts, and any other relevant documentation.
- Pay the application fee: Pay the application fee online using a credit or debit card.
- Submit your application: After you have completed all the required fields and uploaded your documents, submit your application online.
- Check your application status: Once you have submitted your application, you can log in to your account to check the status of your application and receive any updates.
DUT Online Application F0rms
The Durban University of Technology (DUT) offers online application forms for prospective students who want to apply for admission to their programs. These online application forms are available on the DUT website and can be completed by following the instructions provided. Here are some important things to know about the DUT online application forms:
- Accessing the Online Application Form: The online application form can be accessed on the DUT website by clicking on the “Apply Now” button. This will take you to the DUT Online Application System where you can start your application.
- Required Information: You will need to provide various personal and academic information on the application form, including your full name, date of birth, contact details, academic qualifications, and program of study.
- Supporting Documents: You will also be required to upload supporting documents as part of your online application. These may include a certified copy of your ID, academic transcripts, and any other relevant documentation.
- Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee is payable when submitting your online application form. The fee can be paid online using a credit or debit card.
- Application Deadline: It is important to note that there are specific application deadlines for each academic year, and you should submit your online application form before the deadline.
- Application Status: Once you have submitted your online application form, you can log in to the DUT Online Application System to check the status of your application and receive any updates.
Overall, the DUT online application forms provide a convenient and efficient way for prospective students to apply for admission to their programs.
You can access the application form for the Durban University of Technology by clicking here