How to Apply to CPUT Online 2023-2024
How to Apply to CPUT Online 2023-2024
About How to Apply to CPUT Online 2023-2024
To apply for admission to Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) online, follow these steps:
Step 1: Choose a qualification
Mastering the technology required to send a satellite into space, saving lives with your specialized knowledge of emergency medical care or designing a fashion collection – Come create your future with CPUT
Step 2: Gather your documents or upload further/ outstanding documents
All applications must be submitted online (except otherwise indicated in the list of programs)
- international-related information.
All international undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications obtained must first be evaluated and verified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) before submitting applications for studying at CPUT.
SAQA is responsible for issuing of Letter of Undertaking which contains the duration of the study and is submitted to the SA High Commission in order to apply for the study visa.
- international admission requirements
dmission requirements for the different programmes offered at CPUT can be found under Programmes and fees. You may also be required to complete a series of tests to assist in the placement process.
Students following the Cambridge system should take note of the following requirements:
- Passes of at least five different subjects of the IGCSE and HIGCSE study levels, of which at least two are HIGCSE level subjects.
- A pass in the language which is the medium of instruction at the University (English or Afrikaans).
- Specific pass grades: IGCSE: A, B or C; HIGCSE: 1, 2 or 3.
Step 3: Get an application form (manual application only)
All applications must be submitted online only except for the following category of applications:
- A few Non-degree Purpose qualifications that do not cater for online applications for example Food Technology Non-Degree purposes. Please click here to view the list of 2023 Active Qualifications with methods of the application included.
Step 4: Online application
Submit your online application
1. Applicants that have never applied and/or studied (including short programmes) at CPUT before (i.e no existing student number) – Apply here
2. Applicants that have applied and/or studied (including short programmes) at CPUT before (i.e you have an existing student number) – Apply here
Other senior school qualifications will be reviewed on merit.
Step 5: Follow-up and get your admission status
All applications are loaded onto the CPUT system. Once loaded onto the system, an sms will be sent to you acknowledging that the institution has received your application. Note, this is not an acceptance notice.
Track your application
Prospective applicants, who have submitted an application, can track the progress of their application online or by calling.
- Visit the CPUT website at www.cput.ac.za and click on the “Apply” button.
- Create an account by providing your personal details such as name, surname, email address, and phone number.
- Log in to the CPUT online application portal using your login details.
- Select the program you are interested in and complete the online application form, providing all necessary information and documentation as required.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee online using a valid credit or debit card.
- Submit the completed application form and all required documents online.
- Check the status of your application regularly using the online application portal, and respond promptly to any requests for further information or documentation.
It’s important to note that application periods for each program may vary, so it’s important to check the CPUT website for the specific opening and closing dates for the program you are interested in.
Overall, applying for admission to CPUT online is a convenient and efficient way for prospective students to complete their application for admission to the university. If you have any questions or concerns about the application process, you can contact the CPUT admissions office for assistance.