Senior Physical Therapist Neuro
Senior Physical Therapist Neuro
Primary Location Santa Rosa, California
Job Number 1064540
Date posted 04/25/2022
Under the supervision of the Rehabilitation Services Director or designee, provides independent physical therapy management for patients. Assists in the creation, execution, and evaluation of departmental patient care programs while offering physical therapy services in specialized patient care clinics.
- Determines the kind and degree of dysfunction by evaluating patients and interpreting evaluation results. establishes treatment objectives and plans care to meet those objectives. starts the process of physical therapy discharge planning. Implements the treatment plan by directly treating the patient, delegating some of the treatment plan’s responsibilities to suitable supported staff, and, if necessary, coordinating the treatment program with other medical professionals.
- Counsel and information to the patient’s family. evaluates clinical indicators and symptoms on a regular basis to assess the success of treatment, the degree to which patients are making progress toward their goals, and the necessity of changing goals and treatment. When a patient has benefited fully from physical therapy, the patient is released from care. provides thorough, timely records of the treatment of physical therapy patients.
- Engages in clinical research and suitable educational activities in physical therapy. participates in out-of-department clinics for specialist patient treatment. helps with the creation, execution, and evaluation of departmental patient care programs. carries out additional tasks as required in the areas of departmental projects, departmental operations, and staff education. shows ongoing improvement in achieving the standards for professional practice.
- Based on operational needs as determined by departmental leadership, serves as an instructor in patient education classes or groups both inside and outside the department. meets the Rehab Director’s need for a least one departmental in-service per year, such as a journal club presentation or a normal in-service presentation. meets the Rehab Director’s desire to teach PT students in a clinical setting. able to independently manage difficult patients with minimal consultation.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in physical therapy.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum with a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree with certification in physical therapy or foreign-trained equivalent.
- Licensed to practice physical therapy by the State of California by the date of hire.
- Obtain BLS prior to the employment start date.
- Must have a Nat’l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Certified Clinical Instructor for PT students, preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish)