Surgical Technologist I -MV
Surgical Technologist I -MV
Primary Location Moreno Valley, California
Job Number 1069768
Date posted 12/13/2022
As a member of the surgical team, assists during surgery by passing instruments and supplies in accordance with specified policies, procedures, and standards.
As a part of the surgical team, the patient helps during surgery by transferring equipment and supplies and assisting as needed. The patient also identifies emergency circumstances, reacts to them, and helps in case of an emergency.
scrubs before entering a sterile field or region in order to comply with the aseptic techniques established for surgical procedures.
Completes the essential setup of the operating room before surgical procedures by positioning or arranging the instruments, surgical trays, and equipment components as needed for the specific surgery.
Removes and discards contaminated instruments from the operating room following surgical procedures; dismantling instruments is necessary for sterilization.
maintains and assures the operational preparedness of the department’s supplies, and sterile goods, including instruments and equipment.
The ability to prepare patients for treatment and operate a range of technological devices is a potential area of patient care.
Depending on the situation, one might prepare patients for treatment and operate a range of electronic devices.
creates and preserves cordial, cooperative relationships with patients, the public, and other staff members.
carries out additional tasks as needed, including transporting patients and helping to orient and train new staff members.
by displaying abilities that are compatible with the company’s vision of delivering exceptional customer relations and high-quality service, promoting, ensuring, and enhancing customer service to internal and external customers. Occasionally take on additional tasks and obligations as directed.
- 2000 hours Operating Room scrub or equivalent military experience within the last three years and competency scrubbing for all types of surgical procedures (except open heart) or must be a recent graduate of an accredited Surgical Technician or military equivalent program within the last six months.
- Note: Education/License/Certification and Qualifications required for Moreno Valley Community Hospital employees acquired through Kaiser Permanentes purchase of Valley Health Systems Moreno Valley Community Hospital: Employees shall meet the minimum position qualifications as listed on their previous Valley Health System job description.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic Life Support
- Surgical Technologist Certificate within 6 months of hire from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
- Candidates for this position are required to take on-call shifts with the ability to respond within 30 minutes.