Medical Social Worker II
Medical Social Worker II
Primary Location Oakland, California
Job Number 1133748
Date posted 01/18/2023
In individual, family, and group settings, offer psychodynamic therapies, crisis intervention, grief/bereavement therapy, problem-solving, stress reduction, and the development of healthy coping mechanisms.
responsible for creating and carrying out a unique treatment plan that helps patients and their families deal with and/or recover from social, emotional, financial, and environmental variables that influence and/or are impacted by sickness.
Partners with patient to determine needs, create and carry out customized treatment plans based on predetermined treatment plans.
In order to support the patient and family in creating short- and long-term care plans as necessary, discuss treatment alternatives proactively, taking into account Kaiser resources as well as external community and government resources.
Using data from the biopsychosocial domain, collaborate with practitioners from other fields to assess, plan, and deliver services to patients.
Help the patient advocate for themselves so that Kaiser can provide the right care.
accepts, examines, assesses, and ranks written and spoken referrals.
keeps track of paperwork, records, and data gathering.
It is your responsibility to complete all necessary documents on time and completely.
establishing a good connection with Kaiser and ensuring continuity of care through patient-Kaiser liaison.
Identifies the facilities and care levels that, if necessary, are appropriate for patients who have been referred. obtains placements as necessary.
Work together with community members and Kaiser’s internal and external resources to achieve shared goals and objectives.
Upon request, offers details and directs people to local resources.
coordinates information sharing between Kaiser, families, patients, and nursing homes.
determines how Kaiser, Medicare, and Medi-Cal benefits will be applied to particular patient scenarios.
aid in managing communication among field employees, clinics, hospitals, and regional offices, triaging of phone calls from members/families.
Clarifies and completes necessary clinical and psychosocial information by working with referral sources.
as required, carry out further related tasks.
- Step I: 0 – 2 years social work experience.
- Step II: 2 – 4 years social work experience within the last five (5) years.
- Step III: 4 or more years social work experience within the last ten (10) years.
- Masters in Social Work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a multidisciplinary team.
- Must have solid psychosocial assessment skills.
- Knowledge of chronic and acute disease and how it impacts patient and family functioning.
- Demonstrated excellent oral/telephone communication skills and written documentation.
- Must be computer-literate and, preferably, experienced in automated clinical information systems.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively and efficiently handle demanding workload involving multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently as a collaborative, supportive team member.
- Must be able to master detailed and complex information regarding benefits and coordination of care.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- LCSW preferred.
APPLY FOR THE JOB BY SUBMITTING INTEREST HERE