Primary Location San Diego, California
Job Number 1138997
Date posted 12/16/2022
Accountable for patients’ occupational treatment under the guidance and control of the Rehabilitation Services.
Determines the kind and degree of impairment by evaluating patients and interpreting evaluation results.
Establishes treatment objectives and plans care to meet those objectives.
Starts the process of occupational therapy discharge preparation.
Direct patient care to put the treatment plan into practice.
May assign the proper supportive staff a piece of the treatment program.
If necessary, coordinates the treatment plan with additional medical professionals.
Counsel and information to the patient’s family.
Assessing clinical signs and symptoms on a regular basis helps doctors decide whether to change treatment plans or goals based on how well patients are responding to treatment.
When a patient has benefited fully from occupational therapy, the patient is released from treatment.
Provides thorough, timely records of the treatment of occupational therapy patients.
shows progress in achieving the requirements for professional practice.
- Graduate of an accredited occupational therapy curriculum with a Bachelors or Master’s degree with certification in occupational therapy or foreign-trained equivalent.
License, Certification, Registration
- Basic Life Support is required at hire from American Heart Association
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Current CA Occupational Therapy License OR License eligibility letter prior to the first day of employment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Schedule and location may change based on operational needs, with up to 5-weekend shifts per month
Primary Location: California, San Diego, San Diego Medical Center
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM
Working Hours End: 04:30 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation: B24|AFSCME|United Therapists of So Cal
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Department: San Diego Medical Center – Physical Therapy-Inpatient – 0806
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time