Respiratory Care Practitioner I
Respiratory Care Practitioner I
Primary Location Bakersfield, California
Job Number 1143447
Date posted 01/13/2023
Under the direction of a doctor and on prescription, evaluates, plans, executes, and assesses respiratory therapy care and life support for patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary systems. performs additional patient comfort tasks as required to keep the unit’s patient care flow running smoothly. Life support services, oxygen therapy, medical gas therapy, pharmacological therapies, chest physiotherapy, blood gas draws, etc. are all included in this care.
Upholds KP’s policies, procedures, responsibility principles, and applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Professional conduct: Applying philosophy and showing understanding of the Patient Bill of Rights. demonstrates respect and dignity toward members, coworkers, and individual employees. ensures that member and employee medical records and communications about illnesses, symptoms, and status are kept private and confidential. Greets members politely and immediately. Adult members are addressed by their last name and proper title, unless the patient and physician have otherwise agreed.
– Telephone Courtesy and Assistance: Follows Department and Regulation guidelines for telephone courtesy and consideration. Upon answering a call, determines and records the following information:
– Member Services & Patient Care:
– Exhibits competence in delivering direct and indirect care as well as support services to patient and member groups of neonatal, pediatric, and adult ages and categories.
– Participates actively on the critical care team during patient care rounds. demonstrates understanding of pulmonary pathophysiology and admitting diagnosis for assigned patients, and conducts patient assessment and appropriate therapy.
– Assesses patient information gathered from respiratory monitoring equipment.
– Assesses the patient’s response to all respiratory care given and accurately records the necessary information in accordance with department policies and procedures. determines suitability and offers suggestions for respiratory care services, taking into account the requirements of various age groups, cognitive capacities, and developmental status.
– Starts new standard orders within the timeframe outlined in department policies and procedures. calculating and modifying airway cuff pressures.
– Makes recommendations to doctors, nurses, and/or coworkers regarding adjustments to diagnostic and treatment methods.
– Modified treatments and procedure techniques that don’t need to be changed in a doctor’s order in order to improve care delivery, and reported alterations to the relevant members of the health care team.
– Uses the proper chain of command when conferring on patients who are not improving after receiving regular therapeutic measures.
– Executes diagnostic and therapeutic respiratory procedures.
– Upon request, verbalizes the dose, side effects, contraindications, and modes of action for all drugs.
– Requests permission before administering any medications that are not on the list of permitted medications.
– As directed by the medication’s directions, keeps any unused dosages of medication in the department’s refrigerator or medicine cabinet.
– Provides ventilatory support during patient inter-intra hospital transfers.
follows infection control policies and procedures and performs cleaning and sterilization processes.
– Washes hands according to the h& washing procedures before and after having physical contact with the patient and after using the restroom.
– Follows the isolation protocol as directed.
– Always employs universal precautions.
– Conducts and assesses blood gas analysis, following to laboratory policies and procedures and performing quality control procedures.
– Ensures that acceptable levels of quality control are carried out for the equipment.
– Collects samples of arterial blood.
– Verifies the necessary information is on the requisition papers and blood samples.
– Handles and discards blood sample in accordance with policy and procedure.
– Analyzes blood gas levels.
– Reports crucial blood gas levels to the nurse or doctor and documents them.
– Maintains analyzers, carries out qualified quality checks, and keeps the blood gas laboratory clean.
Performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and neonatal resuscitation (NR), and responds to situations wherever.
To ensure correct endotracheal tube placement, auscultate the lungs.
Prior to beginning chest physical therapy, the patient is positioned to maximize treatment while maintaining safety.
– Identifies contraindications to chest physical treatment, properly notifies the doctor, and offers recommendations.
– Performs tracheal, nasal, and oral suctioning to make sure the airways are open.
– Works with the doctor and nursing staff to determine how often the assigned patients should be suctioned.
– When difficulties are identified, offers logical answers.
– Takes part in collaborative problem-solving procedures in groups.
– Adheres to patient safety procedures and policies; takes reasonable safety precautions in light of the patient’s age and developmental stage.
– Documentation & Charting:
– Delivers timely, accurate, and legible record keeping and data entry in accordance with departmental policy and practice.
– Enters necessary information into the respiratory care department’s computer system to record statistics on procedures performed, workload, and staffing.
– Takes ownership of the necessary documentation for Respiratory Care for all assigned patients.
– Supplies and Equipment: Makes efficient use of supplies and equipment.
– Exhibits the ability to set up, use, troubleshoot, and take remedial action in accordance with department policies and procedures and manufacturer’s instructions.
– Uses the proper procedures to report questionable or defective equipment and supplies.
– Determines whether an equipment malfunction poses a risk to life or limb and reacts appropriately.
– Takes charge and makes sure that patients are safe in the event of an equipment malfunction. As assigned, maintains the inventory level for respiratory care tools and supplies.
– Time management and productivity: Upholds departmental productivity requirements.
– Reports being unable to finish procedures and asks for help if patient safety is at risk.
– Job and Personal Maturity: Shows flexibility and adaptability by welcoming new ideas and backing modifications to the department and hospital/clinic.
– Performs independently with minimal guidance. Effective listening, vocal, nonverbal, and writing skills are used in official and casual communication. uses the chain of command when faced with a challenging issue or decision. Report critical values right away to the proper team members.
– Displays professionalism when speaking with other members of the healthcare team about patient care plans and suggestions. Participates in new hire orientation and training as needed. Education & Staff Development.
– Participates in departmental and hospital-sponsored patient education programs. As needed, attends Department continuing education meetings.
– Occasionally take on additional tasks and duties as directed.
– Experience requirements may be waived or modified when an appropriate program or course is available and successfully completed for New Graduate RCPs or for area of specialization.
– Functions at an independent level in general patient care areas such as Med/Surg.
– Eligible to take the National Board of Respiratory Care Registry exam.
– Graduate of a 2-year Respiratory Care Accrediting Board (RCAB) approved school of Respiratory Care
.- Current employees of Kaiser Permanente who are graduates of a 1 year program.
License, Certification, Registration
– Basic Life Support (BLS)
.- Possess the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) Certified Respiratory Therapist Technician (CRTT) credential.
Primary Location: California,Bakersfield,Chester Avenue Medical Offices
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM
Working Hours End: 05:00 PM
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B15|UFCW|Local 770
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Specialty: Pulmonary / Respiratory Therapy
Department: Chester Ave Med Office Bldg – Respiratory Therapy-Reg Clinic – 0806
Pay Range: $40.49 – $46.68
APPLY FOR THE JOB BY SUBMITTING INTEREST HERE