Special Procedure Tech – 40 hours
Special Procedure Tech – 40 hours
ensures correct documentation and compliance by keeping an eye on radiation safety and carrying out the required administrative chores.
actively carries out quality control tasks for protective clothing and accessories and x-ray equipment, troubleshoots equipment issues, and requests vendor service calls.
supports the hospital radiation safety officer with the survey and CVL compliance documents. knowledge on how to use an IVUS and a Site Rite ultrasound machine.
knowledge of retrieving PACS images for presentation during active cases. serves as a monitor/recorder for cardiology and radiology studies or as a scrub assistant.
positions patients for invasive treatments and gets them ready.
Using sophisticated electronic test equipment, recording devices, and laboratory equipment assists with cardiovascular testing and record patients’ hemodynamic activity.
Obtains hemostasis at arterial and venous access sites post-procedure, including removal of sheaths and safe management of hemostatic devices.
achieving post-procedure hemostasis at arterial and venous access sites, including sheath removal and safe device maintenance.
When necessary, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots the intra aortic balloon pump.
During procedures and in accordance with protocol, recognizes cardiac arrhythmias and hemodynamic waveforms and warns the credentialed physician and other team members.
administers intra-arterial and/or intra-coronary medicine under the physician’s close monitoring.
creates and maintains a sterile environment for testing utilizing aseptic method.
equipment for monitoring and measuring hemodynamics is set up, maintained, and used.
when necessary, provides basic and advanced life support, including defibrillation.
maintains proficiency in performing point-of-care tests on lab apparatus, including arterial blood gases, oxygen saturations, and glucose testing (ACT) (ABG).
carries out methodical instruction in techniques.
Works on call and is required to respond on-site within 30 minutes of call. Restocks supplies, maintains clean work area; file room work area.
Assists with the transportation of patients.
- Minimum twelve (12) continuous months of cardiac cath lab, EP, and/or Special procedures work experience within the last three (3) years.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- Successful completion of an accredited program in radiologic technology (ARRT).
- Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist License (Oregon) OR Registered Radiologic Technologist (Washington)
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist Certificate within 12 months of hire OR American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certificate – Vascular Interventional Radiography within 12 months of hire from American Registry of Radiologic Technologists OR Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist Certificate within 12 months of hire OR American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certificate – Cardiac Interventional Radiography within 12 months of hire from American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 2 months of hire
- Radiologic Technologist Certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Basic Life Support within 1 month of hire
- Proof of continuing education to maintain the registry.
- Demonstrates customer-focused service skills.
- Ability to use and apply excellent communication and interpersonal skills with peers and administration.
- Performs all functions at a high level of competence without direct supervision.
- Must be able to comply with departmental policy for 30-minute response time for after-hour callbacks.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Two (2) years of recent EP, interventional cardiac, and/or vascular lab experience.
- Recent prior angio/cath lab experience.
- Organization skills, time management, prioritization, planning; attention to detail; problem solving, decision making, judgment; technical skills; initiative; communication, interpersonal skills, customer relations, organizational relations.
- Adaptability; flexibility.
- Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) – Registered Cardiac Invasive Specialist (RCIS), or Registered Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES), or The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Cardiac-Interventional Radiography (ARRT-CI) or Vascular-Interventional Radiography (ARRT-VI).
- EKG Rhythm / Dysrhythmia Recognition
APPLY FOR THE JOB BY SUBMITTING INTEREST HERE