Surgical First Assistant
Surgical First Assistant
Primary Location Lone Tree, Colorado
Job Number 1143979
Date posted 01/03/2023
SEIU Local 105 – $37.35 – $41.60
**$7,500 SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE**
“May be entitled to translation/bilingual, shift, or other wage premiums as governed by the applicable collective bargaining agreement. Please refer to the respective collective bargaining agreement for additional information on such wage premiums: https://www.lmpartnership.org/local-contracts.”
Provides assistance with exposure, hemostasis, and other technical tasks under the immediate and direct supervision of a surgeon in order to enable the surgeon perform a safe operation with the best possible outcomes for the patient. makes the needs of members and patients the main priority of one’s efforts; builds and sustains productivity.
All Kaiser Permanente quality, safety, and emergency rules and procedures are known to this position, and it complies with them.
Shows excellence and efficacy in work habits and clinical practice in every interaction with clients, coworkers, medical professionals, and upper management.
ensures patient safety in the planning and delivery of care involving, but not limited to, medications, including the regular application of 5 rights and 3 checks of medication administration, procedures, infection prevention, and fall prevention, including regular application of 2 patient identifiers.
swiftly notifies authorities of safety risks, mishaps, and harmful working circumstances.
the patient in a position that will provide the best exposure for the surgical operation and is in compliance with the surgeon’s instructions. uses both common and specialized equipment to help place the patient.
utilizes retractors, sponges, digital manipulation, and other methods in accordance with guidelines to give the surgeon(s) an accurate picture of the surgical site.
uses the proper approaches to aid the surgeon in achieving either temporary or permanent hemostasis.
employs the necessary methods to aid in the closure of body planes (e.g., sutures, staples, other). chooses and uses the proper wound dressings.
Help anesthesia as needed with intubation, extubation, blocks, and other demands for the patient’s care.
Helps move patients from a gurney to an OR bed as well as between the two.
must carry out more tasks as directed.
The status of this position’s bargaining unit is currently under inquiry by the union and the employer. The negotiating unit status (seniority dates, dues contributions, etc.) will be applied retroactively based on the date the employment began if it is determined that this is a position covered by a bargaining unit.
- Minimum two (2) years of operating experience is required.
- High School Graduation or General Education Development (GED) is required.
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- National Surgical Assistant Association Certificate from National Surgical Assistant Association OR American Board of Surgical Assistants Certificate from American Board of Surgical Assistants OR Surgical Assistant Certificate from National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting OR National Assistant Surgery Council Certificate from National Assistant at Surgery Council
- Employment contingent upon receiving credentials at HealthOne, SCL Health Systems and all KP-owned or affiliated surgical venues to practice as a Surgical Assistant.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities and the ability to understand Kaiser Permanente customer needs.
- May be assigned to work at any KP-owned or affiliated Surgical Venues.
- Taxonomy code required at time of hire.
- Credentialed within 6 months of hire with affiliated facilities.
- Minimum three (3) years of operating experience preferred.
APPLY FOR THE JOB BY SUBMITTING INTEREST HERE