University of Pretoria Online Application 2023-2024
University of Pretoria Online Application 2023-2024
About the University of Pretoria Online Application 2023-2024
The University of Pretoria is a public research university located in Pretoria, South Africa. It was founded in 1908 and is one of the largest universities in South Africa, with over 50,000 students enrolled in undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
The University of Pretoria offers an online application process for prospective students who wish to apply for admission to the university. The online application system is easy to use and allows applicants to complete and submit their applications from anywhere with internet access.
To apply online, applicants must first create an account on the university’s website and then log in to access the online application form. The application form typically requires applicants to provide personal information such as their name, contact details, and academic qualifications.
Applicants may also need to submit supporting documents, such as academic transcripts, identification documents, and proof of English language proficiency if applicable. These documents can be uploaded to the online application system as part of the application process.
Once the application is complete, applicants will be asked to pay an application fee before submitting the application. The application fee is non-refundable and is required to be paid before the application can be processed.
After the application is submitted, applicants can track the status of their application online and will be notified via email of any updates or decisions regarding their application.
UP online application dates
The University of Pretoria is one of the leading universities in South Africa and offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs. UP applications open on 1 April of the year preceding the year of study to September each year. For this academic year, Applications for 2024 will open on 1 April 2023. It’s important to note that some programs may have different application deadlines, so it’s always a good idea to check the university’s website here for the most up-to-date information.
Admissions for the University of Pretoria’s 2023–2024 academic year are only accepted online.
Applications for admission to undergraduate study programs are due on particular dates in the year before to the year of study for both South Africans and foreign nationals. To make sure you submit your application on time, see the list of submission deadlines provided below.
As soon as you complete your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be provided to this email address as confirmation of receipt, thus you must have regular access to it in order to utilize the online application system.
To apply to the University of Pretoria online, you will need to create an account on the university’s online application portal and follow the steps outlined in the application process. You will need to provide personal and academic information, as well as supporting documents such as transcripts and certificates. The university may also require you to pay an application fee.
UP Application Requirement 2023-2024
The University of Pretoria is a leading higher education institution in South Africa that offers undergraduate and graduate programs in a wide range of fields. The application requirements for the University of Pretoria vary depending on the program you are applying for, but generally include the following:
- Online application: All applications to the University of Pretoria must be submitted online through the university’s official website.
- Application fee: A non-refundable application fee is required for all applications, and the fee amount may vary depending on the program.
- Academic transcripts: Applicants must provide official academic transcripts from all high schools and/or universities previously attended.
- Language proficiency: For non-native English speakers, proof of language proficiency is required through TOEFL, IELTS or similar tests.
- Supporting documents: Applicants may be required to submit additional supporting documents, such as a CV, motivation letter or research proposal.
- Entrance exam: Some programs may require applicants to take an entrance exam or an interview as part of the selection process.
- Other requirements: Specific programs may have additional application requirements, such as portfolios or auditions for creative arts programs.
It is important to note that meeting the minimum requirements for admission does not guarantee acceptance, as the University of Pretoria has a highly competitive admissions process. It is recommended that applicants carefully review the program-specific requirements and apply as early as possible.
UP Application required documents
The required documents for the University of Pretoria application process vary depending on the program you are applying for, but generally include the following:
- Certified copies of academic transcripts: This includes transcripts from all high schools and/or universities previously attended. The transcripts must be certified by the issuing institution or a public notary.
- Proof of English language proficiency: Non-native English speakers are required to provide proof of language proficiency through TOEFL, IELTS or similar tests.
- Certified copy of ID or Passport: A copy of your passport or national identity card is required to confirm your identity.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume: This document provides an overview of your academic and professional background, including work experience, extracurricular activities, and skills.
- Motivation letter: This letter explains why you are interested in the program and how it aligns with your career goals.
- Research proposal: For certain programs, a research proposal may be required to demonstrate your research skills and interests.
- Portfolio or audition: For creative arts programs, a portfolio or audition may be required to showcase your artistic abilities.
It is important to carefully review the program-specific application requirements to ensure that all necessary documents are submitted. Failure to provide all required documents may result in the application being rejected.
UP Online Application fee
Waiver of Application Fee:
If your household income is less than or equivalent to R150 000 per year when you apply to study at the University of Pretoria, there are no application fees.
At STEP 12 of the online application procedure, applicants must upload documentation of their source of income. This will demonstrate that the fee has been paid, enabling you to validate and submit your form. These papers will undergo verification.
Application Fee: For 2023, there is an application fee of R300 (30 US Dollars) that must be paid at the time your studies application is submitted.
The application cost is not refundable, so please be aware of that.
Please choose one of the following payment methods if your household’s annual income exceeds R150 000
Online credit card payment is required as part of submitting this application; specifically, you must pay using a valid credit card that has enough money on it and enter the requested information accurately.
It should be noted that the online application system can only handle payments that reference legitimate credit card information (Master, Visa, American Express, or Diners Club), with enough money.
- Use alternative mechanisms (eg Electronic Funds Transfer or a Bank deposit) to pay the application fee into the University of Pretoria’s bank account.
The Bank account into which payments can be made:
Standard Bank: Hatfield Branch (011545)
Swift code for internationals: SBZAZAJJ
Account number: 012602604
- When making such deposits please quote your Online Study Application Number that would have been emailed to you as the payment reference (typically in the form T1234567).
- When making such deposits you must retain the proof of payment as you will be required to scan the proof of payment and upload this PDF file together with your other supporting documents. Please note! Your last steps would be to VERIFY and click on APPLY.
How to Apply online to UP
To use the Online Application System you will need the following:
- Internet access
- an email address that you can access regularly because as soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
To apply to the University of Pretoria (UP), you will need to follow these steps:
- Create an account: Go to the UP online application portal and create an account. You will need to provide a valid email address and password to create an account.
- Choose your program: Select the program you wish to apply for and complete the online application form. Make sure to review the program-specific requirements and ensure that all required documents are submitted.
- Pay the application fee: Pay the application fee online using the payment method provided on the application portal. Make sure to keep a copy of the payment receipt.
- Submit the application: Once you have completed the online application form and paid the application fee, submit your application. You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been received.
- Check the application status: You can check the status of your application online through the application portal. You will be notified by email once a decision has been made regarding your application.
It is important to note that the application deadline varies depending on the program, and applicants should check the program-specific deadlines before applying. Additionally, the University of Pretoria has a highly competitive admissions process, and meeting the minimum requirements for admission does not guarantee acceptance. Applicants should carefully review the program-specific requirements and ensure that all necessary documents are submitted.
UP online application form
The University of Pretoria offers online application forms for prospective students who wish to apply for undergraduate, postgraduate, and international student admissions. Here is some information about the University of Pretoria online application form:
- Accessing the form: The application form is available on the University of Pretoria’s website. Prospective students can access the form by visiting the official website of the university and clicking on the “Apply” button.
- Registration: Applicants will be required to create an account before they can access the online application form. The registration process involves providing basic personal information and creating a username and password.
- Application form: The application form will require applicants to provide information such as their personal details, academic history, and intended course of study. Applicants will also be required to upload supporting documents such as academic transcripts, a copy of their ID or passport, and proof of payment of the application fee.
- Application fee: Applicants will be required to pay a non-refundable application fee when submitting their application form. The fee amount varies depending on the course of study and the citizenship status of the applicant.
- Submission: Once the application form has been completed and all required documents have been uploaded, the applicant can submit their application online. The applicant will receive a confirmation email once their application has been successfully submitted.
- Status check: Applicants can check the status of their application by logging into their account on the university’s website.
for the application form, click here
It is important to note that the online application process may differ depending on the program and level of study. Prospective students should carefully read the instructions provided on the university’s website before completing the online application form.