ED, Pharmacy Finance
ED, Pharmacy Finance
Primary Location Downey, California
Job Number 1140556
Date posted 12/20/2022
Strategic Planning: Develops the business units within Pharmacy Operations’ strategic direction in collaboration with others.
Develops the short- and long-term financial planning and budgeting processes for Pharmacy Operations evaluates the viability of plans, identifies significant risks, and connects these processes to the business’s strategic goal.
evaluates and supports market opportunities, such as new goods and business services, that enhance cost structure and competitiveness.
evaluates the terms, papers, and contracting techniques.
Plans efficient methods to compare financial performance to projections, including early “red lights” to spot possible gaps. Budgeting, forecasting, and financial controls.
Develops productivity and drug cost measures based on business drivers and make comparisons to outside standards.
gives regional partners advice on current drug price trends.
ensures the accuracy of all financial and reporting statements as well as measurement and control activities. ensures conformity to KP program accounting policies, legal, regulatory, and fiduciary standards, as well as generally accepted accounting procedures (GAAP).
evaluates and ensures adherence to internal regulations and corporate principles.
meets filing deadlines and continues to abide by legal requirements.
Reporting and Analysis: Encourages the creation and distribution of thorough driver-based reporting tools that show key KP leaders and regions the financial performance of pharmacies as well as related metrics, analytics, risks, and opportunities.
Participates in the creation, planning, implementation, and management of information systems to satisfy the program and operations of pharmacies’ demand for financial reporting.
acts as a business bridge between the Pharmacy Operations business unit and the program and organization when reporting financial statistics.
Business Development: Assists the Vice President of Pharmacy Operations in determining and creating the best financial arrangements by offering technical analytical help.
possesses the capacity to screen and assess potential business possibilities while working with others. contributes to the creation of a business case for new initiatives and tools.
Information systems: They guarantee the honesty of the pharmacy systems’ finances.
Knowledge of typical business finance IT architecture and systems is required.
Corporate/Regional Management: Takes part in all significant business decisions in order to optimize the value of Pharmacy Operations and program-wide financial resources as well as community investments.
Establishes trusting and productive connections with KP’s top financial decision-makers, such as the Senior Vice President of Finance and regional finance executives, in order to work together on matters of shared interest, best practices, and uniformity of accounting standards.
serves as a member of committees for programs or other significant strategic initiatives that have an impact on financial viability.
Financial Risk Management: Ensures maximum profits and points up opportunities for cost/productivity reductions.
Discussions are started, and the impact of financial risk is determined when creating new or examining current business procedures and risk linkages.
ensures the preservation and protection of current assets by putting in place suitable internal controls and risk management procedures.
Revenue Cycle: The revenue cycle function for pharmacies is overseen, and this includes copay, over-the-counter, and Medicare Part D regions.
initiatives with a focus on revenue optimization.
Project management: Evaluate the financial effects of new endeavors on operational effectiveness.
helps to convert evaluation findings into potential goals and initiatives.
- Minimum eight (8) years of progressive experience in multiple functional areas and leadership roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Experience as the Finance leader in an executive team.
- Experience in building and developing high performing finance teams, managing change, developing managers, and succession planning.
- Experience implementing financial controls and reporting systems to improve management capabilities and results for local market and impact within a larger business unit.
- Demonstrated track record in providing financial leadership in a decentralized and complex medium to large sized, matrixed business.
- Ability to negotiate -win-win- situations as it relates to decision making.
- Strong process improvement tendency inclusive of the application of information technology to streamline operations and maximize efficiency.
- Understanding of Medicare Part D requirements.
- Ability to build effective partnerships and influence other leaders and teams.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate integrity, prudence, emotional intelligence, high energy, initiative, teamwork, and self-confidence.
- Familiarity with governmental programs in the health care field, which will affect the financial operations of the business.
- Dedication to diversity and inclusion.
- Experience in health care managed care or pharmacy environment highly desirable.
- Master’s degree with a CPA or equivalent work experience preferred.
APPLY FOR THE JOB BY SUBMITTING INTEREST HERE