Outpatient Pharmacy Supervisor
Outpatient Pharmacy Supervisor
Primary Location Downey, California
Date posted 11/29/2022
Supports the creation and execution of pharmacy strategic initiatives under the direction of the Outpatient Pharmacy Manager – Hourly or Outpatient Pharmacy Operations Manager.
In a high volume and/or 24-hour pharmacy location, you’re in charge of managing daily services, activities, and functions like drug distribution, drug education, pharmacist clinical activities, retail business expansion, inventory management, performance measurements, regulatory compliance, employee development, and multidisciplinary team development.
oversees departmental personnel and operational procedures to ensure adherence to T.J.C., O.S.H.A., SBOP, Statewide, and Departmental policies and procedures, as well as Federal and State laws and regulations.
In order to offer continuity of treatment and compliance with applicable Federal and State rules and regulations regulating hospitals, collaborates with the Inpatient Pharmacy Management and Medical Group divisions.
Pharmacy staff, service providers, and other pharmacy management team members are included in the sphere of influence. Provides personnel management activities (e.g., recruits, hires, trains, assesses, and/or fires subordinate hourly people).
assists Human Resources in resolving employee complaints.
completes/administrates performance reviews, making sure they are completed in accordance with the department’s schedule.
responsible for creating and assigning work schedules and tasks to department workers.
adjusts staffing and scheduling as necessary to accommodate changes in workload and volume while still abiding by collective bargaining agreements.
prepares the biweekly payroll and/or approves it.
provides the staff with regular communication and feedback.
helps the outpatient pharmacy operations manager keep track of how many employees are being used in compliance with the operating budget.
It is your responsibility to keep an eye on your finances and stay within your budget.
takes part in developing, putting into practice, and assessing systems, procedures, and techniques aimed at enhancing quality, service, and cost-effectiveness.
oversees, evaluates, and modifies point-of-sale and dispensing workflow to meet targeted service outcomes.
Work with providers, department heads, and the outpatient pharmacy director to implement, assess, and enhance quality management programs. Assists the outpatient pharmacy manager, hourly, or outpatient pharmacy operations manager.
resolves service grievances brought forth by Health Plan members, other Kaiser medical professionals, department heads, and staff.
daily administration of organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
performs all subordinate employees’ responsibilities as well as additional tasks as needed.
- Minimum two (2) years of previous experience providing functional direction required or completion of an accredited pharmacy PGY1 or PGY2 residency prior to start.
- Degree in pharmacy required.
- Pharmacist License (California)
- Ability to demonstrate and apply knowledge of contemporary outpatient pharmacy operations principles and standards, including clinical, professional, legal, business, and public relations aspects.
- Must have a working knowledge of applicable Federal and State pharmacy regulations.
- Ability to extract pertinent information from patients, or other sources, to apply to the patient’s medical management plan.
- Demonstrated abilities and skills in pharmacy business management, customer problem resolution, leadership, and supervision.
- Must possess self-initiative, innovative, and collaborative skills.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in oral and written English-speaking communication skills.
- Proficiency in various databases and other computer usages.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Pharm. D. preferred.
- Start / End Times are variable.
APPLY FOR THE JOB BY SUBMITTING INTEREST HERE