Radiologic Technologist Per Diem float Seattle
Radiologic Technologist Per Diem float Seattle
Primary Location Seattle, Washington
Job Number 973383
Date posted 08/23/2022
As directed by the patient’s doctor, provide radiology services. provides high-quality imaging while ensuring patient safety. Prepares radiology rooms for patient procedures, creates images, keeps supply levels in check, and makes sure diagnostic equipment is well-maintained and operating in accordance with manufacturer guidelines. efficiently runs machinery while adhering to set safety norms. uses professional judgment when providing diagnostic services and keeps a demeanor that is in keeping with medical ethics. identifies patient and family needs in relation to age-specific patients by applying knowledge of growth and development concepts. Exhibits great customer service skills, including treating customers with respect and courtesy, communicating clearly, giving timely, accurate service, and acting in a professional manner at all times. devoted to improving oneself. Tight patient and worker confidentiality is upheld.
- Utilize clinical protocols to produce general radiography and speciality pictures of the highest quality. Respecting the patient’s comfort and abilities, position the patient to best display the anatomical area of interest. Show that you have the skills necessary to utilize radiological equipment to carry out both routine and specialized radiography operations. Obtain images using the correct radiography procedures. Examine the technical quality of the photographs to ensure that the correct identification is captured. Show the knowledge and abilities required to deliver radiology services, including patient education, to all age groups served, including geriatrics, adults, teenagers, and children. If there are any questions, go to your doctor. If instructions from referring doctors need to be changed, follow radiology policy and procedure.
- Ensure that patient data is entered into electronic medical records, including the Radiology Information System, appropriately (RIS). As instructed in the RIS, arrive, choose the current account, and fill out the patient information for the relevant procedure. Follow the organizational identification policy to establish patient identification. Keep an eye on the patient while they undergo procedures and alert the proper staff if anything out of the ordinary happens or if their condition changes. Ascertain the patients’ allergy status. Respond to contrast reactions in accordance with the Policy and Procedure Manual’s guidelines.
- Provide prompt, receptive, knowledgeable services to clients in a friendly, positive way, including patients, doctors, and other staff. When delays occur, let patients and any guests know about them and how they are being handled. Encourage patient-centered care in all aspects of daily life. Give patients high-quality treatment, which includes preparing them, scheduling them, explaining the exam, letting them know how much pain to expect, and instructing them in any necessary patient procedures. Whenever necessary, uphold strict patient and employee confidentiality. Tell the patient when they can expect to hear about their results.
- To reduce exposure to the patient, oneself, and others, maintain safe radiation levels at all times. Observe the guidelines in the Policy and Procedure Manual on radiation safety. Perform all required equipment inspections before use to safeguard the security of patients and employees. Ensure that regulatory and patient requirements are followed, and when appropriate, make suggestions for methods to enhance patient outcomes. performs activities related to radiation safety, quality assurance, and quality control as necessary.
- Arrive prepared to work at the start of your allocated shift, take breaks for lunch and dinner at the proper times, and finish your shift on time. Maintain a well-stocked, tidy, and clean radiology room. Ability to support the lead technologist or radiology leadership by organizing new hire orientation and training, identifying staff training problems, monitoring work flow, delegating tasks to other staff to address problems, and participating in the development of operational policies and procedures as necessary. Inform management and the leading technologists of your concerns as necessary. To perform radiological operations effectively, collaborate with colleagues both on- and off-site in an effective team environment. Rotate shifts and tasks as necessary.
- Minimum one (1) year of direct experience with diagnostic procedures.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) required.
- Graduate of an approved accredited radiologic program.
License, Certification, Registration
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certificate – Radiography required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Registered Radiologic Technologist (Washington) required at hire
- Consistently demonstrates knowledge and expertise in performing required procedures and exams.
- Demonstrates strong communication and problem solving-skills in order to work effectively with physicians, customers and co- workers.
- Works well as a team member in conjunction with providers throughout Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington organization.
- Is very knowledgeable about and adheres stringently to radiation safety, safety precautions, and infection control practices.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to providing consistent excellent customer service. Supports the KFHPW strategy and mission statement.
- Works and communicates effectively with all populations, including infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatric.
Primary Location: Washington,Seattle,Capitol Hill Main Building
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Working Hours Start: 09:00 AM
Working Hours End: 05:30 PM
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Temporary
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: J06|UFCW|UFCW Pro Tech
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Department: Central Campus Main – Radiology Float – 1130
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
APPLY FOR JOB BY SUBMITTING INTEREST HERE