is in charge of evaluating patients by keeping an eye on their behavior in general, their physical responses to respiratory care procedures, and their physical signs and symptoms. shares patient outcomes with the medical team and health care staff (HCT).
translates and carries out instructions for pulmonary function tests that are given orally or in writing (PFTs). administers inhalable medication as directed.
carries out bronchial provocation challenge tests, lung function tests, and oxygen therapy in accordance with protocols and recommended therapies. operates medical equipment correctly for each test or operation.
is in charge of accurately recording in the patient’s medical record all operations, interventions, patient reactions, and drugs that were given.
- Minimum of one (1) year of respiratory therapy experience is required.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- Minimum two (2) year degree from an accredited school of respiratory therapy is required.
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post hire.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist Certificate OR Respiratory Therapist Certificate
- Respiratory Care Practitioner License (Virginia) within 6 months of hire
- Respiratory Care Practitioner License (Maryland) within 6 months of hire
- Respiratory Care Practitioner License (District of Columbia) within 6 months of hire
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge appropriate to care to set.
- Uses equipment and information systems appropriately.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
APPLY FOR THE JOB BY SUBMITTING INTEREST HERE