Primary Location Sunnyvale, California
Job Number 1146711
Date posted 01/24/2023
Carries out skin-testing-related tasks, such as storing antigens. Organizes routine appointments and enters patient information into the electronic medical record system.
Apply the intradermal and puncture testing techniques on patients’ skin.
Make a schedule for daily testing.
assemble the test trays. Examine and purchase materials.
Pull charts and antigens as directed in the patients’ charts to assist the nurses in the treatment area.
After injections, refile charts and antigens.
Responsible for placing orders for testing stock antigens.
When orders for stock antigens are received, double-check them all and put them where they belong.
Read the results of any needed allergy skin tests.
Add patient information to HealthConnect.
Create a chart in HealthConnect and perform PFTs.
Schedule regular appointments using all the functions of the PARRS system.
Utilize HealthConnect to access information and history as necessary.
Charts should be ordered as needed.
appointments, carries out clinical duties, and completes pertinent forms in accordance with departmental requirements.
carry out relevant tasks as necessary.
may handle challenging or contentious situations.
To new employees, students, and other team members, you might serve as a mentor and resource.
Possibly required to take part in departmental professional development events.
may conduct patient interviews, take vital signs, and gather relevant data as directed by the department.
may set up examination areas and patients for treatments.
may help the doctor provide patient care.
may be in charge of giving injections and providing drugs.
may be in charge of processing, sterilizing, and inspecting instruments.
promotes teamwork and offers helpful customer service.
- One (1) year of related experience.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Completion of a course of study consistent with the requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical Board of California.
- Medical Terminology Certificate or equivalent experience.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend medical information.
- Ability to effectively present information, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to use a personal computer.
- Must have good attendance record.
- Must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be willing and able to work in any clinical area, including TST services.
- Must be willing to assist with all procedures.
- Must be willing to work under busy conditions.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management partnership environment.
- Refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
APPLY FOR THE JOB BY SUBMITTING INTEREST HERE