Primary Location San Leandro, California
Job Number 1103201
Date posted 12/12/2022
A team member of the health care department, the cashier/receptionist works under the direction, control, and supervision of the department manager, assistant manager, or designee. All patients reporting to the medical office are greeted and checked in by the cashier/receptionist politely and professionally. In accordance with procedures, this job is in charge of proper check-in and check-out, information gathering, and revenue collection. accountable for having a general understanding of the hospital so they can help patients with questions and concerns. significant computer use is necessary.
• Welcome new patients and offer assistance.
• Practical knowledge of the many forms of health plan coverage, such as traditional, deductible, etc.
• Check in patients by adhering to check-in guidelines and using the manual visit record check-in processes.
During a system failure
• Check out patients utilizing the check-out systems, manual visits, and the check-out policies and procedures
records the downtime of the systems, if appropriate
• Follow the correct processes when signing up exception-type patients, such as non-members, out-of-area health plan subscribers, Medicare, Medi-Cal, and industrial patients.
• Help patients by giving them general information and outlining co-pays and other related charges.
• Keep the patient will-call box full, if necessary.
• Interact with clinical and administrative professionals as necessary.
• Reconciling Cash Handling In accordance with the Cash Handling Responsibility Agreement, deposit and handle cash.
• Carry out additional tasks as needed
Read also employees expected conduct for this job
• High School Diploma/GED
• 6 months of work experience
• Ability to read and follow instructions, short correspondence, and memos
• Communicate with healthcare providers, staff, patients, and visitors
• Professional phone etiquette
• Ability to multi-task, organize, manage time, and prioritize workflow in a complex environment
• Knowledge and use of computer and computer keyboard
• Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment • Also refer to the detailed responsibilities outlined in the L29 Cash Handling Responsibility Agreement.
APPLY FOR JOB BY SUBMITTING INTEREST HERE