Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Clinical Laboratory Scientist
accurately confirms that the right test is being run on the right patients with the right samples, according to the right verification. determines whether test specimens are adequate and have the desired attributes.
carries out clinical laboratory specimen analysis in accordance with the accepted standards and practices established by the laboratory director or appointing authority. carries out quality control processes to make sure that clinical data is accurate.
determines whether test results are reasonable by using test reference ranges, including those for neonates, children, and adults. Correlation between test parameters (such as Hgb/Hct, anion gap, platelet count/smear, dipstick/micro, etc.) and test findings is used to validate test results. Prior to disclosing test findings, confirm testing on all Critical Values to guarantee accuracy.
on designated instruments and equipment, and carries out standard preventative maintenance and troubleshooting in accordance with specified schedules and protocols. checks and calibrates certain lab instruments to perform instrument functions while recording data.
Instrument records keep track of any necessary equipment maintenance, repairs, and replacements. releases or publishes data in accordance with laboratory SOPs. teaches lab assistants the right methods and procedures for performing clinical laboratory procedures. other corresponding tasks as required.
Provide general or direct supervision of general clerical staff and lab assistants as needed in accordance with lab rules and regulations. Corporate Accountability for Compliance respects the principles of corporate compliance and the principles of responsibility consistently by maintaining confidentiality, safeguarding the organization’s assets, and acting honorably, reporting suspected fraud and abuse, and abiding by program standards and regulations as well as any applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Six months related experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree * Applicable military experience may be substituted for bachelor’s degree.
- Baccalaureate degree in Clinical Lab Sciences or related field.
- Current California State Clinical Laboratory Scientist License to include the limited CLS license.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also, refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Experience including Hematology, Urinalysis, Chemistry, Blood Bank and Bacteriology experience preferred. Computer application experience/proficiency preferred.
APPLY FOR THE JOB BY SUBMITTING INTEREST HERE